This policy also covers personal data or information given to the CAF over the phone or on paper order forms, (known collectively as “forms”):
With your permission, we may send you emails about our show, organization and other updates.
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How Information Is Collected.
CAF might collect personal and non-personal information from you when you visit, access, or use the Site; when you register with or subscribe to the Site; when “sign in,” “log in,” or the like to the Site; when you allow the Site to access, upload, download, import, or export content found on, or to otherwise interact with, your computer or mobile device (or any other device you may use to visit, access, or use the Site) or online accounts with third-party websites, networks, platforms, servers, or applications (e.g., your online social media accounts, your cloud drives and servers, or your mobile device service provider); or whenever CAF asks you for such information, such as, for example, when you process a payment through the Site, or when you answer an online survey or questionnaire.
In addition, if you or a third party sends CAF a comment, message or other communication (such as, by way of example only, e-mail, letter, fax, phone call, or voice message) about you, your activities on or through the Site, then CAF may collect any personal or non-personal information provided therein or therewith.
Finally, CAF may use various tracking, data aggregation and/or data analysis technologies, including, for example, the following:
- Cookies, which are small data files (e.g., text files) stored on the browser or device you use to view a website or message. They may help store user preferences and activity and may allow a website to recognize a particular browser or device. There are several types of cookies, for more information visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Flash cookies, which are cookies written using Adobe Flash, and which may be permanently stored on your device. Like regular cookies, Flash cookies may help store user preferences and activity, and may allow a website to recognize a particular browser or device. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings that are used for regular cookies.
- Web beacons, which are pieces of code embedded in a website or email to monitor your activity on the website or your opening of the email, and which can pass along information such as the IP address of the computer or device you use to view the website or open the email, the URL page on which the web beacon is located, the type of browser that was used to access the website, and previously set cookie values. Web beacons are sometimes used to collect advertising data, such as counting page views, promotion views or advertising responses. Disabling your computer’s, device’s or browser’s cookies may prevent some web beacons from tracking or recording certain information about your activities. An example of a web beacon that CAF may use is Facebook Pixel (but see also information below about analytic tools and services).
- Scripts, which are pieces of code embedded in a website to define how the website behaves in response to certain key or click requests sent by the user. Scripts are sometimes used to collect information about the user’s interactions with the website, such as the links the user clicks on. Scripts are often times temporarily downloaded to the user’s computer or device from the website server, active only while the user is connected to the Site, and deactivated or deleted when the user disconnects from the website.
- Analytic tools and services, which are sometimes offered by third parties, and which track, measure and/or generate information about a website’s or program’s traffic, sales, audience and similar information, and which may be used for various reasons, such as, for example, statistical research, marketing research, and content ratings research, and conversion tracking. An example of the analytic tools and services that CAF may use are Google Analytics and/or Facebook Pixel (but see also information about web beacons). You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Please be advised that if you choose to block, unsubscribe, reject, disable, delete, or change the management settings for any or all of the aforementioned technologies and/or other tracking, data aggregation and data analysis technologies, then certain areas of the Site might not function properly.
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
By visiting, accessing, or using the Site, you acknowledge and agree in each instance that you are giving CAF permission to monitor or otherwise track your activities on the Site, and that CAF may use the aforementioned technologies and/or other tracking, data aggregation, and data analysis technologies.
Using Your Information And Payments
CAF may use the personal and/or non-personal information it collects from you through the Site and/or its direct mailing program in a variety of ways.
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
– Communicate with you;
– Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
– When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your ticket purchase, such as Eventbrite or Facebook then those companies may store your credit card data.
Sharing of Information Collected.
CAF reserves the right to share your personal information and/or non-personal information with its employees, agents, administrators, and legal advisors; and with those third parties who help manage, administer distribute, operate the Site, the Site’s services and features, and/or CAF’s online social media pages (e.g., web hosting companies, website administrators, mobile app distribution platforms, support services companies, e-mail service providers, credit card or other payment processing companies), as needed in order for them to perform such services.
CAF may also share your personal information and/or non-personal information with third parties who help CAF with its marketing, fundraising, and/or information collection efforts.
CAF does not limit the ways in which it may use or share non-personal information because non-personal information does not identify you. For example, CAF may freely share non-personal information with its affiliates, suppliers, and representatives, as well as with other individuals, businesses, and government entities.
Third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions. We recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
CAF reserves the right to use your personal and non-personal information when:
Required by applicable law, court order, or other governmental authority
CAF believes in good faith that such use is otherwise necessary or advisable (including, without limitation and by way of example only, to investigate, prevent, or take legal action against someone who may be causing injury to, interfering with, or threatening the rights, obligations, or properties of CAF, a user of the Site [which may include you], or anyone else who may be harmed by such activities, or to further CAF’s legitimate business interests).
CAF may retain your personal information and/or non-personal information for as long as it believes necessary or appropriate.
Your Privacy Rights.
You have the right to request the following at any time: (a) information from CAF free of charge regarding the manner in which CAF shares certain personal information collected through the Site with third parties who use such information for direct marketing purposes; and (b) the discontinuation (or opt-out) of CAF’s sharing of such information with such third parties.
The Site is a general audience website intended for use by adults. By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
Furthermore, if you are under eighteen (18) years of age, then you (or your parent or legal guardian) may at any time request that CAF remove content or information about you that is posted on the Site. Please submit any such request (“Request for Removal of Minor Information”)
Please submit any such requests to:
Mail: Commemorative Air Force, Development Office, PO Box 764769, Dallas, Texas 75376
For each request, please state “Privacy Rights” in the e-mail or letter subject line, and clearly state the following in the body:
- the nature of your request;
- your name, street address, city, state, zip code, and e-mail address; and
- whether you prefer to receive a response to your request by mail or e-mail.
If you send a request by mail, then please do so by U.S. Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested to allow for confirmation of mailing, delivery, and tracking. CAF will not accept a request via telephone.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
If you have a complaint about how your information is being handled contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) in the UK at 0303 123 1113.
Also, please note that CAF is not required to erase or otherwise eliminate, or to enable erasure or elimination of, such content or information in certain circumstances, such as, for example, when an international, federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation requires CAF to maintain the content or information; when the content or information is stored on or posted to the Site by a third party other than you (including any content or information posted by you that was stored, republished, or reposted by the third party); when CAF anonymizes the content or information, so that you cannot be individually identified; when you do not follow the aforementioned instructions for requesting the removal of the content or information; and when you have received compensation or other consideration for providing the content or information.
The foregoing is a description of CAF’s voluntary practices concerning the collection of personal information through the Site from certain minors, and is not intended to be an admission that CAF is subject to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, the Federal Trade Commission’s Children’s Online Privacy Protection Rule(s), or any similar international, federal, state, or local laws, rules, or regulations.