CAF Wings Over Dallas 2017 Schedule
- 9:30 | Show Opening & National Anthem (FRIDAY/ SATURDAY/ SUNDAY)
Join us as we open the show with our national anthem and a flyover performed by Dallas-built AT-6 Texans.
- 10:00 | The Mighty 8th Air Force (FRIDAY/ SATURDAY/ SUNDAY)
Veterans of the Mighty 8th Air Force recount stories of courage and sacrifice from the air war over Europe. The four-engine B-17 Flying Fortress and P-51 Mustang will be reunited in flight as bomber and escort once again.
- 11:00 | Move Solutions: Home Town Heroes (FRIDAY/ SATURDAY/ SUNDAY)
Dallas area veterans discuss their war-time experiences and are reunited with the airplanes they built and flew.
- Noon | Oncor: American Armor & USO Show (FRIDAY/ SATURDAY/ SUNDAY)
Living History teams demonstrate some of America’s most iconic World War II equipment, from rifles to armored vehicles and even artillery pieces! This crowd-favorite showcase will conclude with the singing group Ladies for Liberty performing patriotic songs in the style of the Andrews Sisters.
- 1:00 | Turning the Tide (FRIDAY/ SATURDAY/ SUNDAY)
At the Battle of Midway, Navy and Marine Corps aviators turned the tide of the war against Japan in the Pacific. Watch as World War II’s unique, carrier-based aircraft like the TBM Avenger and SB2C Helldiver unfold their wings and take flight.
- 2:00 | The Doolittle Raid 75th Anniversary (FRIDAY/ SATURDAY/ SUNDAY)
This year marks the 75th Anniversary of the famed Doolittle Raid, a mission that struck the very heart of Japan, raised American morale following Pearl Harbor and shattered the Japanese sense of invincibility. Experience the roar of the CAF’s collection of twin-engine B-25 bombers and world-class pyrotechnics as we simulate a carrier take-off that was immortalized in the film “30 Seconds Over Tokyo.”
- 3:00 | Bomber Formation Practice (FRIDAY ONLY! ) Although the show gates close at 3 p.m., those who are able to stay can look on as the CAF pilots practice for the weekend airshow, which includes a mass bomber formation flyover.
- 3:00 | Commemorative Air Force 60th Anniversary Flyover
The Commemorative Air Force (CAF) was founded in 1957. Today, 60 years later, you will see some of the CAF’s most famous airplanes take to the sky. Experience a selection of the CAF Ghost Squadron, the world’s largest flying museum. Look on as B-17 Flying Fortresses, B-25 Mitchells, A-26 Invaders and others are joined by the B-29 Superfortress FIFI for a flyover like no other. Watch out for the wall of fire, as the aircraft pass overhead – bomb bays open!
- 4:00 | Airborne Demonstration (SATURDAY/ SUNDAY)
Ever wonder what it took for World War II Airborne Troops to prepare for a combat drop? The Liberty Jump Team’s paratroopers will show you how as they prepare to drop from a C-47 Skytrain. The demonstration will include parachute checks and a static line drop.
- 5:00 | Dogfight at Dusk (SATURDAY/ SUNDAY)
The P-40 Warhawk is one of the most iconic American fighters of the war. Emblazoned with Flying Tigers iconic shark teeth, you can end your CAF Wings Over Dallas experience watching a dogfight between the P-40, and it’s famous adversary, the Japanese Zero.
- 5:00 p.m. Gates Close