CAF Wings Over Dallas 2017 Schedule
- 9:30 | Show Opening & National Anthem (FRIDAY/ SATURDAY/ SUNDAY)
Join us as we open the show with our national anthem and a flyover performed by Dallas-built AT-6 Texans.
- 10:00 | The Mighty 8th Air Force (FRIDAY/ SATURDAY/ SUNDAY)
Veterans of the Mighty 8th Air Force recount stories of courage and sacrifice from the air war over Europe. The four-engine B-17 Flying Fortress and P-51 Mustang will be reunited in flight as bomber and escort once again.
- 11:00 | Move Solutions: Home Town Heroes (FRIDAY/ SATURDAY/ SUNDAY)
Dallas area veterans discuss their war-time experiences and are reunited with the airplanes they built and flew.
- Noon | Oncor: American Armor & USO Show (FRIDAY/ SATURDAY/ SUNDAY)
Living History teams demonstrate some of America’s most iconic World War II equipment, from rifles to armored vehicles and even artillery pieces! This crowd-favorite showcase will conclude with the singing group Ladies for Liberty performing patriotic songs in the style of the Andrews Sisters.
- 1:00 | Turning the Tide (FRIDAY/ SATURDAY/ SUNDAY)
At the Battle of Midway, Navy and Marine Corps aviators turned the tide of the war against Japan in the Pacific. Watch as World War II’s unique, carrier-based aircraft like the TBM Avenger and SB2C Helldiver unfold their wings and take flight.
- 2:00 | The Doolittle Raid 75th Anniversary (FRIDAY/ SATURDAY/ SUNDAY)
This year marks the 75th Anniversary of the famed Doolittle Raid, a mission that struck the very heart of Japan, raised American morale following Pearl Harbor and shattered the Japanese sense of invincibility. Experience the roar of the CAF’s collection of twin-engine B-25 bombers and world-class pyrotechnics as we simulate a carrier take-off that was immortalized in the film “30 Seconds Over Tokyo.”
- 3:00 | Bomber Formation Practice (FRIDAY ONLY! ) Although the show gates close at 3 p.m., those who are able to stay can look on as the CAF pilots practice for the weekend airshow, which includes a mass bomber formation flyover.
- 3:00 | Commemorative Air Force 60th Anniversary Flyover (SATURDAY/ SUNDAY)
The Commemorative Air Force (CAF) was founded in 1957. Today, 60 years later, you will see some of the CAF’s most famous airplanes take to the sky. Experience a selection of the CAF Ghost Squadron, the world’s largest flying museum. Look on as B-17 Flying Fortresses, B-25 Mitchells, A-26 Invaders and others are joined by the B-29 Superfortress FIFI for a flyover like no other. Watch out for the wall of fire, as the aircraft pass overhead – bomb bays open!
- 4:00 | Airborne Demonstration (SATURDAY/ SUNDAY)
Ever wonder what it took for World War II Airborne Troops to prepare for a combat drop? The Liberty Jump Team’s paratroopers will show you how as they prepare to drop from a C-47 Skytrain. The demonstration will include parachute checks and a static line drop.
- 5:00 | Dogfight at Dusk (SATURDAY/ SUNDAY)
The P-40 Warhawk is one of the most iconic American fighters of the war. Emblazoned with Flying Tigers iconic shark teeth, you can end your CAF Wings Over Dallas experience watching a dogfight between the P-40, and it’s famous adversary, the Japanese Zero.
- 5:00 p.m. Gates Close